There are so many ways to help animals, and to get involved in the Louisa Humane Society, it will just amaze you.
1. Donate to LHS
1) Throughout our site, you will see links where you can donate. Look in the lower left corner of this page, and you will see the link. When you click on the link, a PayPal page will open up. Don't worry, you don't need a PayPal account, or a login - it's very easy, and PayPal is safe. It doesn't get any easier than that!
2) We now are a member of iGive.com, where you can support us every time you shop online at your favorite stores. It is easy to join, no cost to you, and when you shop at one of the many great stores that support iGive, we get money! It's a great way to support us. Click on the link to the left to get started and learn more.
3) LHS is now supported by Network for Good! That's not just "good" news, that's FABULOUS news! They are a wonderful organization that helps other wonderful organizations, like LHS for example, obtain donations from people just like yourself.
4) Are you an Amazon.com addict? Well, who isn't these days, but you know what? You can shop your little heart out AND help Louisa Humane Society at the SAME TIME? Think of all the good that you can do! Here's our Amazon.com banner. Just click and you will be on your way!
5) Do you shop at Doctors Foster & Smith for your beloved and oh-so-spoiled pets? Yes? Then you can support your favorite Humane Society AT THE SAME TIME! How tail-waggin' is THAT? It's easy...just click on the banner below, and shop!
Thanks for your support.
|2. Volunteer||We can always use more volunteers! We have a great group of caring individuals who want to help animals, and who have a lot of fun doing it. Interested? We hope so. Click here for our application!|
|3. Our Wish List||
Everybody could use a Fairy Godmother, and we are certainly no different. We keep looking for her to show up with a magic pumpkin full of items that we always need. Click below for the list that you can print out and help by bringing us any item listed!
Our foster families are angels sent from heaven - truly. Once our animals have had their health check-up, we place them with our foster families so they can begin to adjust to being part of a family. Many of our animals have had a tough time in the past, and in the pound where we rescue them, and they need some time getting used to being loved and cared for again. Some need a little training. It's a job that pays for itself a thousand times over whenever you look into the eyes of a rescued animal that knows love again. You'll see.
We'll make it easy. Click here for our application.
|6. Donate your car, boat, RV, or motorcycle to Cars for Causes and support LHS and other great charities!||
Easy form to complete (or make a phone call!).
|7. Take action on behalf of animals!||
There are many and varied ways that you can influence critical decisions made about animal welfare every day, and assist in protecting animals. Make a difference!
Order HSUS Pet Disaster Relief
Support the National Association
for Humane and Environmental Education to
teach children to treat animals with kindness and respect.
Similarly, the NAHEE also
has programs that inspire middle and high school age students to get
involved in animal protection activities.
Information on protecting
our four footed best friends from the abuse of puppy mills
Sign up for the Humane Society (US) free weekly email action alert by sending an email to email@example.com
Interested in a career helping animals? Here is a site that
provides you with a variety of resources towards that goal.
The Fund for Animals and The HSUS have joined forces to even more effectively work to protect all animals. Check out the website for a wealth of information on how you can get involved.
Want to help promote a fur-free society and protect animals from the threats posed by the fur industry? Here is a site dedicated to just that cause!
Explore ways to make a difference! ROAR (Reach Out, Act, Respond)!!
Support the rescue, rehabilitation and placement of
Join a community who rehabilitates injured and orphaned wildlife, shelters and adopts homeless cats and dogs, and educates people to make a better world for both people and animals.
Check out this expansive list to see how you can do more for animals through your choices.
Stay informed about the current legislation related to animals. Write or email your representatives to let them know where you stand on these important issues. You can make a HUGE difference by just voicing your opinions to those who make the laws!